Wednesday, March 28, 2007

What do you see out there in the light?

Strange Days ~ Matthew Good Band

Good morning
Don't cop out
You crawled from the cancer to land on your feet
Are you crazy to want this
Even for a while?
We're making this shit up
The reasons for being are easy to pay
You can't remember the others
They just kind of went away
So you're driving, it's rush hour
The cars on the freeway are moving like slugs
When you drift off to wake up
Do you always hit the brakes?

We're done lying for a living
The strange days have come and you're gone
Either dead or dying
Either dead or trying to go

It's evening, you're tired
You sleep walk, a robot out to the street
Are you crazy to want this, even for a while? you're driving, it's rush hour
The cars on the freeway are moving backwards
Into a wall of fire
Backwards
Into a wall of fire

We're done lying for a living
The strange days have come and you're gone
You're gone
Either dead or dying
Either dead or trying to go
Good morning
Don't cop out




Edit: So after I wrote this post I realized that when I was in one of the workshop days of my short fiction class, that one of my stories was compared to this video. It seemed that everyone really like the story and then when I went in search of this video to post here (I hadn't clued in that it was the same song, for some reason I was thinking Apparitions) it clicked in. I have always love this video, but I really didn't mean to have my story turn out pretty much exactly like it... that's my useless fact of the day....

What a strange week this has been...

So after the last time I post things went downhill. I'm gonna try to avoid talking about it too much at the risk of sounding depressive and emo, but let's just say that I was having a rough time getting out of it.

Major things that happened:
1) Fighting with Andy - This was the most uncool of them all. We ended up snapping at each other over silly things that really would never have gotten to us in any other case. I learned that I need to be more honest sooner.

2) Paper Week - Goddamm am I glad this is over. Maybe I won't be so stressed out all the time. Pretty sure I failed this last one... even though I stayed up until 6:30 this morning doing it.

3) Sleep habits - speaking of 6:30 am... I woke up at 7:15 I might add. I'm literally falling asleep in class right now. I have horrible sleep patterns right now and it's messing with me now. Any suggestions?

4) Friends are getting more depressed than me - last semester a very close friend of mine tried to kill himself, and another put himself through hell last night and a couple days before. Everyone seems to be getting such rough times lately and everyone is losing sight of all the good in their lives. I hate seeing my friends like this. Thankfully Richie is ok, aside from a broken nose and a cracked neck, but things are going to be hard for him in the next while.

5) School - pretty sure I might fail at least two of my classes this semester.

6) Money - I have none....


Ok... so that's out of my system, I'll get to the good stuff!

Andy and I have worked pretty much everything out between us now and I'm really glad. I miss him so much lately and I can't wait to see him. Things are going to be rough now that summer hours are starting for him soon and I may not get to see him much after next weekend. I think we can tough it out though, I think. I love you!

I'm really enjoying spending time with people. Saturday, I swear, was one of the best days I've had this year. Sadly Frogs was much lamer than we thought it was going to be (the frogs didn't even kill anyone!), but watching Sam Elliot 70s version saving people from various exotic animals that are very unnatural to Florida was kind of entertaining.... oh wait... no it wasn't. Thankfully TMNT made up for it. Even though I wasn't on a higher plain of existance like Ky, Jill, and Gregiore. Jordan, I still swear that Raf is GhostRider!! The WalMart adventure with Jill and Lisa M made my day too... we found some ugly clothing! I vote we do that again sometime soon, girls.

Hanging out with Geoff was been great too. As much as I like hanging out with the group, I enjoy having one on one time with people too. I kind of wish that I got to do the same with other people as well. I've come to the conclusion though that I want Geoff's family to adopt me. They are amazing people and are always so nice to me.

Watching One Acts with Martha yesterday was definitly a higlight of the past week. The two of us were laughing so hard! Martha is one of those people that I wish I knew better now because she's just so much fun to be around. As for the One Acts, good work guys! JAMES YOU NEED TO PUT ON THE CRAZY HAT WHEN YOU KILL BIFF!! We were so tempted to just yell at you from the audience to put the hat on.. I totally vote Gregiore for Pope too... And Joe is the most adorable thing to ever wear brown shoes!

Tonight I'm going to see Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy and then go to karaoke afterwards. It'll be a good change from last night where I didn't sleep at all. After class I'm going to go sleep for a few hours or something so I don't crash later...

My final note... why is there a bump on the back of my head? It kind of hurts....

Side note: check out the video blog for the Ballad of the Warcraft N00b

5 comments:

Cindy said...

:O that Video is like Dead Like Me!! unless I saw it wrong, but the girl that died at the end was also shown above herself and walkin away,right? man I wish they didnt stop Dead Like Me... 2 seasons? COME ON!! at least we have both seasons here to watch whenever I want :D yay

Cindy said...

PS I watched Garden State last night! very good, very good.

Bean said...

STEPH!! You + Me + Jannick = Sexy times. We will hang out just us girlies this week. I don't know when, I don't know where, but it will happen... oh yes, it will!!

Tarantula eyes said...

steph my love
isnt it a bummer frogs was such a let down. oh well....The great dismal swamp will be amazing!!!!

The Voodoo Doll said...

That's pretty much it... I only managed to catch a few episodes of it, but what I saw was awesome. We'll have to watch some one time...
And ya.. Garden State = Totally Awesome haha

Thursday, man... it's gonna be an awesome skirt adventure!! I am so excited to chill with you girls!

Lisa, as disappointing as Frogs ended up being, I still love that we got to have an awful horror movie day... and with a few new members none the less. I wonder who will join us next time....
We have to finish Great Dismal Swamp sometime over the summer or something, because it is fantasitc!