Friday, November 03, 2006

Demons dancing with angels' wings...

The Way ~ Fastball

They made up their minds
And they started packing
They left before the sun came up that day
An exit to eternal summer slacking
But where were they going without ever knowing the way?

They drank up the wine
And they got to talking
They now had more important things to say
And when the car broke down they started walking
Where were they going without ever knowing the way?

Chorus:
Anyone could see the road that they walk on is paved in gold
And its always summer, theyll never get cold
Theyll never get hungry
Theyll never get old and gray
You can see their shadows wandering off somewhere
They wont make it home
But they really dont care
They wanted the highway
Theyre happy there today, today

The children woke up
And they couldnt find em
They left before the sun came up that day
They just drove off
And left it all behind em
But where were they going without ever knowing the way?

Anyone could see the road that they walk on is paved in gold
And its always summer, theyll never get cold
Theyll never get hungry
Theyll never get old and gray
You can see their shadows wandering off somewhere
They wont make it home
But they really dont care
They wanted the highway
Theyre happy there today, today

So I went to the opening night of Twelth Knight last night. Everyone did so amazingly. Fantabulous! Kaitlyn was absolutely stunning and sexy as Olivia! And every time Jordan and James came on stage I could barely stop laughing. I never realized how talented Davies was with a guitar either. Made me jealous. I wish you guys all the luck in the world for every other night, I know you'll all do great time after time!

I was quite happy to be invited to the after party.. and the after after party. I had fun at both places for the most part. I go to meet some new people, even if most them were just breifly before I followed Kitty off somewhere else, or she went off and I didn't notice. For the first bit I clung pretty close to Kitty. I was actually kind of scared to talk to Jordan for a while.

That's probably why I got so upset later on. I was doing ok for the masque party, but once we got to Alex's and everyone was starting to have fun and everything, I was still only really hanging around Kitty and Amber. Everyone looked like they were really enjoying themselves and I don't think I even saw Jordan in the first hour or so. That kind of depressed me a bit, then really depressed me when he kinda walked right by me. Looking back on it I realize that I was being kinda silly.. especially when I started drinking random things that people were giving me. I didn't get drunk, though I think in any other case I would have. I can't figure out why I didn't this time.

When, finally, a lot of people started leaving, and I was about reading to start walking home, I got a chance to see Jordan. Then when he hugged me I just couldn't help but start crying. Again. ((Kitty I love you, by the way)) And we just stood there. Hugging each other. I think I was just so afraid of losing one of the best friends I had ever made. When we did get a chance to talk to each other - and think the people who were sitting outside playing music went inside so we were alone - I was just so happy to have had the chance to get it all out there and out of the way. I know things may be a little different and strange for a while, but as long as I know that the spirit is still there, everything will be ok.

I may still be that naive little girl, but I accept that. It's who I am, and I guess I always will be. I believe in second chances... or third or fourth. Anyone who doesn't believe that can ask Andy. Despite everything he's done to tick me off, I still love him. I'm sure that if I can handle everything that I've gone through in my life and still keep those little girl's eyes, I can do it again now.

So now that I've reached the end of my lengthy post, I close with another message of good wishes to those who are going on stage yet again. I know you guys are going to great, as always.

No comments: